Crossbreeding discussion

By Retired breeder, 3rd April 2010 20:13:43
461
HellOw!

If you like to cross-breed, this is the place for you!

On this topic, you can discuss your crossbreeding programs, share your secrets, and advise other players about it.

Compare different crosses with the ones from other players, and brag about your achievements in crossbreeding.

It's not allowed to advertise horse sales!

The forum rules and the game rules also apply.

Have fun sharing!
The Howrse Team
 
Go to page:
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 20:46:52
Anyone have any idea what i should breed with her?
Liza-I'd try Hackney if you haven't already.default smiley :) You might get a nice trotter out of it.
hOrsElUvEr95
  • Posted messages: 3,332
  • Karma: 10 points
  • Seniority: 5,400 days
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 20:57:23
Hmmm I havent tried a Hackney, but i will now I will post the foal when he/she is born
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 21:00:36
hmm i dont think i will try a Hackney the gp is too low i cant get one with at least 600 gp.
Any other suggestions?
I just opened a nyx in a HOP! I get to start work on my paint filly!
megawifey
  • Posted messages: 7,249
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 21:02:42
What about if I cross it with a PSH?
That sounds cool. I was thinking possibly arab as well. Then you could cross that back to a stang or sb.
hOrsElUvEr95
  • Posted messages: 3,332
  • Karma: 10 points
  • Seniority: 5,400 days
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 21:08:20
mmhmm that could work i will let you know how i get on
okay.default smiley :) good luck with whatever you choose.
hOrsElUvEr95
  • Posted messages: 3,332
  • Karma: 10 points
  • Seniority: 5,400 days
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 21:25:12
Ok ao I bred Blue with a spainish horse and ended up with this though i was hoping he wouldn't be dapple gray
hOrsElUvEr95
  • Posted messages: 3,332
  • Karma: 10 points
  • Seniority: 5,400 days
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 21:29:41
Thanks, well that is all for me tonight. night night everyone. zzzzz
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 21:52:25
What is a good mix for trot races? [I'm trying to produce some comp horses] And XC?
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 21:59:38
is it worth crossing a paint horse with, say, an irish hunter. I want to produce a high dressage, high speed horse. At the moment i can get 20 wins on paint horses by the time they are 5, because of their high speed ---- but their dressage is low

Do you guys think it would be good to cross one with an IH for high dressage and high speed? (or what about a friesan?)
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 22:05:56
bella--not sure..
bella - It is a good thing. I have a Paint/Irish cross. Her name is Storm Cloud. Take a look at her and see what i mean.
amylinn(:
  • Posted messages: 9,507
  • Karma: 10 points
gabby- that's what Friday is! But I HIGHLY suggest that you make your foal paint dominant, IH's tend to be stubborn with wins default smiley xd
megawifey
  • Posted messages: 7,249
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 23:24:48
kitsune--great!

Would a Paint/Appy with appy dominant be good? I have a 21* paint and 21* appy blupped, so I might as well do something with them..I'll go experiment a littledefault smiley (lol)
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 23:43:30
kitsune - PM me the foals of Fireworks & post them here when they are bred.
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 23:43:47
Please. =D
By Retired breeder, 9th July 2010 23:49:27
will do default smiley (y)
skyyie, I saw your question on the previous page about about what to cross to get good trotters/XC competitors. I haven't done much cross breeding, but I'd go with a Friesian. This is one of mine, and there are some that are much higher skilled than him! Caspian
tengh
  • Posted messages: 1,959
  • Karma: 10 points
I bought a 25* Anglo Arab (Arabian/Irish Hunter). Bred her to a high GP IH, with 28*. Both horses are 100 BLUP. Got a 27*, high GP filly (25% Arabian/75% IH). If I then breed her to a 24* high GP Arabian, will the foal keep the stars & high GP?? Of course I use tears always and only breed 100 BLUP horses.
I am trying eventually to get Arabians with 25*+, over 809 GP & really awesome dressage for competitions. Suggestions on if I am on the right track??
Nalavara
  • Posted messages: 914
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 10th July 2010 00:54:17
I ant to skill me Thoroughbred foal but I just cant find a Equestrian Center that has 22e lesson gains or more.default smiley (lol)

kitsune-Awesome foal!default smiley (y)
Go to page: