Crossbreeding discussion

By Retired breeder, 3rd April 2010 20:13:43
461
HellOw!

If you like to cross-breed, this is the place for you!

On this topic, you can discuss your crossbreeding programs, share your secrets, and advise other players about it.

Compare different crosses with the ones from other players, and brag about your achievements in crossbreeding.

It's not allowed to advertise horse sales!

The forum rules and the game rules also apply.

Have fun sharing!
The Howrse Team
 
Go to page:
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 13:02:54
this is her stats by last update-

Elite-15th(going to be in there when I'm done)
Stamina-38th
speed-61st
gallop- 11th
trot-483rd
jump-25th
dressage- 32nd
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 13:18:11
My horse BlueEyedBaby is 3rd in the popularity for Mustangs. I am so happydefault smiley :-))
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 13:27:32
congrats!!!
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 13:30:37
Thank you. Thats the highest any of my horses have been ranked
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 13:46:29
I just had a look in the rankings at 6/7 months after I bred and trained those horses...both of them are still at the top of the hano gallop boards default smiley :-)) 1st & 2nd place. -proud bridget-
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 13:51:43
Well done Bridget. Congrats.
Produced a pair of these little beauties this morning and am *so* tickled - they are the highest-GP Paints available in the private sales so far! I consider that an accomplishment. :-)

Now to try the same with a Thor stud - anxious to see what kind of gallop that will result in after a dose of Tears!
Cryfenril
  • Posted messages: 10,248
  • Karma: 10 points
Oops, try this link instead. Other one is no good!
Cryfenril
  • Posted messages: 10,248
  • Karma: 10 points
The Thor twins. This is turning out to be a pretty good broodmare!
Cryfenril
  • Posted messages: 10,248
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 15:28:02
Cryfenril, I love those foals, especially the TB crosses. You have an exceptional broodmare there. default smiley :)

Don't think I am going to get stats like that for a while as I am concentrating on pony crosses (connies and 1/4's)

The thing I like most about the crosses is how easy they are to BLUP compared to the purebreds.
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 15:41:10
just got a 14* arabian/apaloosa cross anybody want??
Thank you Cresties!

I am still focusing on my allstar projects, but needed to take a detour for a few days to rebuild my reserves - those Nyx Packs get expensive, lol!

Oddly enough, one of the sets of foals I bred from her actually turned out to be six-skillers themselves - a set of Standardbred fillies.

Her other kids were {url=http://www.howrse.com/marche/priveVoir?id=7384987]Friesians[/url], Paints, and the Thors and Hunters I linked earlier. She can really produce some good foals when matched with the proper stud!
Cryfenril
  • Posted messages: 10,248
  • Karma: 10 points
Darn links are misbehaving today.

{url=http://www.howrse.com/marche/priveVoir?id=7384987]Frie filly, attempt two...[/url]
Cryfenril
  • Posted messages: 10,248
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 15:54:43
Fen, here is your linkdefault smiley ;):

Frie filly, attempt two...
Thankee tabby. I don't know if it's my fingers or the machine, but *something* just isn't working today! default smiley (lol)
Cryfenril
  • Posted messages: 10,248
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 16:01:13
default smiley (lol) Fen! I am working on my all star QH project!
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 16:01:27
A Shot At Glory is ranked 120 for dressage in the thoroughbrd elite boards.default smiley (y)
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 16:06:54
ICanCatchTheMouse is ranked 11th in QH trot and 40---- something cant remeber in QH stamina!
With extra special thanks to Clematis, this crossbred is ranked #10 for freisian jump at time of posting.
He has NO black market items attached... and although tears were used in his creation, he's currently the only one ranked *without* any bm items on the top 10 friesian board for any skill area

Mátamelcan
dragoniys
  • Posted messages: 22,940
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 16:10:26
I'm hoping that !!Fireworks Explode can make it to #1 for Tb dressage.
! WhiteHotPeppers
Any tips as to which mares I should breed him to? He's very good at SJ, won 3/4 comps.
cheer4always
  • Posted messages: 1,427
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 16:29:14
[http://www.howrse.com/elevage/fiche/?id=10844825]End of an eras first foal! Sarah[/url]
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 17:07:26
My new crossbred foal: ClearWater! He is a Paint/TB cross with TB dominant. He turned out exactly how I expected. default smiley :d But again, I'll have to wait ....I need to start blupping one or two of the foals then get money(or passes if I sell one) so I can buy the bms I need for the rest of the foals. I usually buy the MA with equus, and buy the tack pack with passes. It depends on the foal and what I plan to do with it if I get a CT for it.
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 17:21:11
What do you think?
Go to page: