Crossbreeding discussion

By Retired breeder, 3rd April 2010 20:13:43
461
HellOw!

If you like to cross-breed, this is the place for you!

On this topic, you can discuss your crossbreeding programs, share your secrets, and advise other players about it.

Compare different crosses with the ones from other players, and brag about your achievements in crossbreeding.

It's not allowed to advertise horse sales!

The forum rules and the game rules also apply.

Have fun sharing!
The Howrse Team
 
Go to page:
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 03:18:15
Hey, how many generations does it take to clear out a breed of a horse starting at 50% of a horse? (did that make sense? lol)
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 03:21:04
Like... a 50/50 cross and you want to make it purebred again? It takes 8 generations. Make sure you are breeding to purebreds though.
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 03:23:40
Not sure, but chicken is probably right. If you <follow the rules its more fun>
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 03:26:33
Ah, I'm not doing any simple cross... muy dificil. Er, it's getting a very strange cross and then breeding it to a Tb/Paint and continueing to do that down the generations until it is completely Tb/Paint again. That's the simplified version. Thanks though, I think the 8 generation should be right.
Gahh

I need an a pack to compete my mare D<
i lov joe jonas
  • Posted messages: 2,896
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 03:34:19
Oh.. but I don't know if I am doing my calculations right. Math is not my forte. Basically, I want to alter a Tb/Paint. So theoretically: I am going to breed a normal Tb/Paint with a certain mix. I then breed back to Tb/Paint. The mix will then be altered because of the other mix put in it, correct? I say this because of what we have seen with those purebreds that have mixed heritage(to gain huge GP) and have altered stats, I've checked. So.. how to I calculate the genetic outcome of this? (using the base genetics of each breed, I don't care about parent's genetics, I'm going for general stats)
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 03:37:58
8 generations is right. I experimented it. default smiley ;)
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 03:46:19
I'm sorry. I forgot you can't advertise..default smiley :$
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 04:01:17
...And I killed the forum.default smiley xd
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 04:16:08
Naw, it just stops like this. I might have scared everyone away with the word "math" too, lol. But seriously, if anyone can help me please PM me.
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 11:43:44
I just had a crossie fail -.-''
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 11:44:35
Huh? Show me liza
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 11:49:24
It's because her fjord blood, I thinkdefault smiley ;) I just breed a 6* fjord cross (I'm kind of proud)
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 11:51:35
It's nothing to do with the fjord, I've bred some super fjord crosses. It's because the parents ain't fully blupped. It will make a good trade horse default smiley :d
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 11:53:17
Did't notice that, thats important thoughdefault smiley ;)
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 11:53:31
she is being sold, kinda dissapointed so i dont want her
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 11:56:22
Get both parents fully blupped and you will see a huge difference. Theres just no point what so ever in breeding horses that ain't full blup....it's a total waste of time.
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 11:58:09
That isnt compleatly true i have got some good foal that werent fully bulp'ed
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 12:03:47
I bred this guy and his mother wasnt fully bulp'ed and i think he turned out ok
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 12:05:36
I agree with both of you, you can get good foals out of non fully bluped parents but even better ones out of fully bluped onesdefault smiley ;)
Anyone want to try breeding all-stared Fjords?
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 12:08:10
Okay, I have to leave now (going riding maybe even on a fjordydefault smiley ;))
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 12:08:11
I will give it ago i have to fjord atm, 1 purebred filly and 1 stallion who is a cross with 4 stars i think
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 12:10:37
Each to their own, but most breeders want horses from fully blupped parents. Same with coverings from stallions, most breeders won't touch a stally that isn't fully blupped. Unless they are clueless about breeding. As mingy says you always get the best results from fully blupped parents. It all depends if you want to make equus from your breeding. If your happy not making equus and having less than average horses, do what makes you happiest default smiley :)
By Retired breeder, 6th July 2010 12:15:06
Well i speak for myself but i make i fair bit of money from horses that are not always fully blup'ed but maybe that is just me
Go to page: