BM Customization Item Stacking

Hello!
I know that when you use multiple customization items on a single horse that some items will "override" others (such as when wanting to add a tail braid or button plaiting to a Vintage Apple coat, it will get rid of the visual effect of the Vintage Apple)
Does this mean I have to carefully choose the order in which I give a horse customization items? Like if I want the extra benefits of mane and tail accessories but want the visual of a Golden Apple, would I apply the mane/tail items first and then the Golden Apple? Do I lose a special coat's benefits if I apply anything with a different visual effect afterwards? Just wanting to be sure that I'm not wasting any items!
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Zeraph
Zeraph
  • Posted messages: 18
  • Karma: 10 points
  • Page:
  • 1
It can happen, but Howrse will have a popup that applying X will delete Y, continue?
14dn0M
  • Posted messages: 1,135
  • Karma: 10 points
The only things that stack are iris coat, custom clip, tails, and button braids. The bonus of all those together match that of all other coats; GA, VA, spirits, etc. They rebalanced that a couple of years ago. I *think* a few of the rarer coats, not any GA, still give a touch higher bonuses but not a huge amount
Mischief In Heels
  • Posted messages: 810
  • Karma: 10 points
Thank ya'll so much for answering, I'll be sure to keep this in mind when using my items! I appreciate it!
Zeraph
  • Posted messages: 18
  • Karma: 10 points
  • Page:
  • 1