[Info] The Retired Helios' Ray Gallery

This thread was requested by collectors and is here for you to share your retired rays.

A little bit of housekeeping:

*Absolutely no sales talk, no talk about spares or how many extras of a copy you have or selling them to fund your collecting habit ,this is just a place to talk RHR's

* Although links and graphics are okay in this thread, they are not allowed normally on public forums

* Any negative or unkind comments on artists or landscapes (or anyone!) will be removed, and depending on the case, it might mean an instant forum ban.

* DO NOT use this as a place to sell your landscapes

* Sales ads are NOT allowed in any public forums.

* Do not use this place as a spot for rants or complaints

* This is not the place to ask players to price your landscapes, or to ask others their worth

* This is not the place to bring up the subject of stolen images.

* Please do not post landscapes that are currently available for use

* As with coats some landscapes may be removed in the future, whether that be for problems with the landscape itself or just because they're clearing room on the server to allow other landscapes to be uploaded - if you're buying retired HR's, please keep that in mind. If you want a permanent copy, I would recommend saving the graphic to your computer

EDIT

How to know if your ray is retired (as they do not grey out like RC's)

With thanks to Sissy Long Stockings

"Click on the hray symbol where your horse's bm items are, if it comes up with a picture of the background, then it's not retired. If it says There are no landscapes matching your search criteria, then you have a rhr."

Finding the name/artist is also not as simple as with coats

With thanks to TheClockworkAngel

"Go to landscape directories, (Optional; Click landscapes you own) and sort by creation date until oldest is first. A large portion of the first 100+ pages are retired. All the info will be there"
 
haffyfan
  • Posted messages: 15,383
  • Karma: 10 points
Go to page:
Here are some of my favorite retired rays that I own. default smiley ^) I have no idea how uncommon they are, but I think they're awesome collectibles.


"Alors que la Lune..." by AyaN, 41 uses left.


"Escaping Clouds" by PrinceFri, 67 uses left.


"Vildmark" by Hyperaktiv, 74 uses left.


"Mroczna Puszcza" by Galanea 151 uses left.
lovetopaint
  • Posted messages: 19,766
  • Karma: 10 points
Hey all, this is NOT an advertisement, but I have no idea how to figure out the worth of a retired H. Ray. There's not a lot to go off of in the sales, unless you want to scroll through pages upon pages. Anyone willing to help?
juniper.
  • Posted messages: 8,812
  • Karma: 10 points
stellae, If you go to my EQ Center page, I have a list of the backgrounds that have 100 uses or less. From there you will know the more rare and therefore more valueable backgrounds.
Sissy Long Stockings
  • Posted messages: 4,729
  • Karma: 10 points
Sissy Long Stockings wrote:

stellae, If you go to my EQ Center page, I have a list of the backgrounds that have 100 uses or less. From there you will know the more rare and therefore more valueable backgrounds.



Thank you! This helped a lot default smiley (l)
juniper.
  • Posted messages: 8,812
  • Karma: 10 points
juniper. wrote:

Hey all, this is NOT an advertisement, but I have no idea how to figure out the worth of a retired H. Ray. There's not a lot to go off of in the sales, unless you want to scroll through pages upon pages. Anyone willing to help?


I also have a list in my EC of all retired rays
Astriola
  • Posted messages: 1,061
  • Karma: 10 points
Ash Duke01
  • Posted messages: 10,781
  • Karma: 10 points
Ash Duke01 wrote:

I hope this works


I dont think that one is retired, but its nicedefault smiley :)
Famousamos
  • Posted messages: 11,370
  • Karma: 10 points
Ash Duke01 wrote:

I hope this works


Ha ha, it actually looks like the photographer is jumping the ropes to get a closer shot of whoever is walking the red carpet...someone call security lol!
Famousamos
  • Posted messages: 11,370
  • Karma: 10 points
How do you retire a horse?
Angelgoats4
  • Posted messages: 8
  • Karma: 10 points
Just picked up this one, very pretty.


Arctic Tundra
222
Rogin
  • Posted messages: 10,689
  • Karma: 10 points
That is beautiful!
Famousamos
  • Posted messages: 11,370
  • Karma: 10 points
Love that one!
haffyfan
  • Posted messages: 15,383
  • Karma: 10 points
haffyfan wrote:

Box by Ow?
oo ive beel looking for that one how can I find it?
alicewinterson
  • Posted messages: 1
  • Karma: 10 points
  • Seniority: 6 days
Hi
Anyone know if there has been any new retired rays from more recent time .I usually take ray from the least used one and it seems to me that some I have not had time to use yet have disappeared.Thank you in advance for any help and if there are some I would much appreciated to know witch ones.
Dotty
  • Posted messages: 2,132
  • Karma: 10 points
Dotty wrote:

Hi
Anyone know if there has been any new retired rays from more recent time .I usually take ray from the least used one and it seems to me that some I have not had time to use yet have disappeared.Thank you in advance for any help and if there are some I would much appreciated to know witch ones.


No, none have retired since they changed the format. Only the old ones that were not updated to the new format were retired. That was a while ago, I forget when that change happened.
Rogin
  • Posted messages: 10,689
  • Karma: 10 points
Just bought a GA in sales and realised it had a retired ray too - bonus! Not sure if i had this one already or not.

haffyfan
  • Posted messages: 15,383
  • Karma: 10 points
Dotty wrote:

Hi
Anyone know if there has been any new retired rays from more recent time .I usually take ray from the least used one and it seems to me that some I have not had time to use yet have disappeared.Thank you in advance for any help and if there are some I would much appreciated to know witch ones.


Could they have been pulled? I know they have pulled some, but not for quite some time, unless they were ones I don't have on either server... you wouldn't have pics or a number for any of them..?
gaff
  • Posted messages: 3,009
  • Karma: 10 points
With this...new change, I have found you can't tell if a ray is retired directly from a horse's page anymore (by clicking the ray). Any ideas how to circumvent this?
lovetopaint
  • Posted messages: 19,766
  • Karma: 10 points
lovetopaint wrote:

With this...new change, I have found you can't tell if a ray is retired directly from a horse's page anymore (by clicking the ray). Any ideas how to circumvent this?


If it is retired, it still comes up as "No result matches your search criteria" when you click on the Ray.
Rogin
  • Posted messages: 10,689
  • Karma: 10 points
how does a landscape become retired?
KAI
  • Posted messages: 488
  • Karma: 10 points
Does anyone know the name of this creation, and can tell me whether it is retired or not ?

https://www.howrse.com/elevage/chevaux/cheval?id=38313768&message=profilOK

I'm unsure if I cant find it because its retired, or because of the weirdness of the new GA/helio layout..


TIA x
WhiteTiger
  • Posted messages: 671
  • Karma: 10 points
WhiteTiger, that one is retired default smiley :)
kai6897, there was a change made to the format of helios rays some time ago, and artists were given the option of redoing their landscapes for the new format, or letting them be retired at a certain date...
gaff
  • Posted messages: 3,009
  • Karma: 10 points
WhiteTiger wrote:

Does anyone know the name of this creation, and can tell me whether it is retired or not ?

https://www.howrse.com/elevage/chevaux/cheval?id=38313768&message=profilOK

I'm unsure if I cant find it because its retired, or because of the weirdness of the new GA/helio layout..


TIA x


It's called jewel & created by Rising_Sun
BonnieScotland
  • Posted messages: 99
  • Karma: 10 points
gaff wrote:

kai6897, there was a change made to the format of helios rays some time ago, and artists were given the option of redoing their landscapes for the new format, or letting them be retired at a certain date...
so there cant be any new retired rays?
KAI
  • Posted messages: 488
  • Karma: 10 points
I don't know if this will help anyone, or if it's already known...
I bought a horse on the aussie server; when I went to look at it's ray by clicking on the icon, it took me to the start of the full list - confusing, as things seem to have settled down now so that it either takes you to the ray in particular if it's available, or tells you 'no result matches your criteria' if it's retired.
So I did a bit of playing around with the image url's, and have discovered there are three different types of url - one has 'nouveau' before the id #, one has 'old' and one has 'old-replaced'. So my surmise is the ones that have 'old-replaced' are the ones that were redone, and are still available - only it takes a heck of a lot of mucking around to find it if you want to get the info on it, as they aren't where they should be in the lineup... default smiley (m)
gaff
  • Posted messages: 3,009
  • Karma: 10 points
Go to page: