Important: Springtime Rules Recap



Spring Cleaning time!





Hello Everyone,

We noticed that on several versions, some forms of cheating have been tolerated. Though sometimes historically, other times due to information errors, or simply because it’s easier to let things pass than to tackle a difficult situation.

However, in the long run, everyone is penalized by this situation. It's unfair, unpractical and no one really knows where the boundaries are.

So, we have decided to do a global recap for all the versions to set things straight and make sure that the rules are consistent across all the versions of Howrse.

We are also planning to do a general cleanup on all the versions, thus it's an occasion to give everyone fair warning about what isn’t allowed before we start that as shown via the list below.


Click to display
Selling passes to another player

Buying passes from another player

Farming passes via numerous accounts (A.k.a. multiple-accounting). Using the free pass features to collect passes on through extra accounts to transfer them to your main later. (I.E. the passes from sending dead horses to Heaven)

Paying another player with passes or game items to play/do chores in your stead

Bulk sales of old horses against passes (For example: Selling 10 horses for a single pass or any other similar aspect). The allowances planned in the game are calculated to preserve game balance, they are not transferable to another player.

Having more than one account on the same version


Having a common pivot account for teams, its multiple-accounting.

A fake account is used to store and transfer good, currencies and horses among members within a team bypassing game re-sale rules.

Connecting to another player's account outside of the co-management feature

Using a script on your account, regardless of who activated said script.

Yes, you are responsible for choosing co-managers you can trust and who share your ethics

Selling an account to another player either for game currency or actual currency

Selling Black market items

There’s a limit as the number of exchanges and gifts you can do, and it’s for a very excellent reason. This includes selling them for passes or real currencies, both transactions are forbidden.


As for tabbing, add-ons and gaming mouses (link clump, etc...), they are not forbidden per se, but should you ever decide to use these methods, do be careful and stay within reason. If your account seems to be overdoing it and we consider that you are taking an unfair advantage over your peers, due to an automation, it will be equal to scripting.

Therefore, starting the 10th of April, 2018, we will proceed with a spring cleaning on all the versions.

Best Regards,

The Howrse Team
 
cailow
  • Posted messages: 2,284
  • Karma: 10 points
Go to page:
RomanticDayDream wrote:

Can someone explain to me what exactly is going to happen with the spring cleaning? Are they getting rid of horses, accounts, going to start enforcing more rules? If someone has an answer, please message my account, I probably will have a hard time finding your answer on here. Thank you! default smiley :d


Did you read the top post?
horsebabe91
  • Posted messages: 11,519
  • Karma: 10 points
censurer This message has been censored since it does not follow the forum rules.
Horsebabe91 wrote:

This message has been censored since it does not follow the forum rules.


I read that as heresy and it made me fall off my high horse.
queenappul
  • Posted messages: 4,488
  • Karma: 9 points
By Retired breeder, 23rd March 2018 01:43:08
13
Guys I don’t agree with everything going on, but admin does run the game and and human as well. We need to be more respectful to them. As I said I don’t agree with everything in both parties, but if they let people like this stay on then Howrse will be even worse off with a whole bunch of lying and cheating players.
I went back to silence for a while. but i never got responded to my post link.
After reading Horsebabe91s message. Can admin please say if we are allowed to post our opinions or not. I have seen many admin post in here saying we can share our feedback and ask questions but it seems like if players disagree too much they get sanctioned for it even if they are worded nicely. I don't want to stir up stuff. I just feel like there is a LOT of misinforming going on. so much contradicting things. I was on the admins side. I respected everything. until people started getting messages censored. am I going to get censored for asking for clarifications. I want to be informed on what will and wont get censored. And if we can or can not leave our opinions. My view of howrse staff has really changed after leafing through this topic... default smiley :s
insatiable
  • Posted messages: 71
  • Karma: 10 points
  • Seniority: 26 days
insatiable wrote:

I went back to silence for a while. but i never got responded to my post link.
After reading Horsebabe91s message. Can admin please say if we are allowed to post our opinions or not. I have seen many admin post in here saying we can share our feedback and ask questions but it seems like if players disagree too much they get sanctioned for it even if they are worded nicely. I don't want to stir up stuff. I just feel like there is a LOT of misinforming going on. so much contradicting things. I was on the admins side. I respected everything. until people started getting messages censored. am I going to get censored for asking for clarifications. I want to be informed on what will and wont get censored. And if we can or can not leave our opinions. My view of howrse staff has really changed after leafing through this topic... default smiley :s


I'll be honest, a lot of my messages weren't super respectful. But the ones that got warnings on were just opinion and defending my opinion while being attacked by another player. Found that interesting. The other player was pro howrse changes
horsebabe91
  • Posted messages: 11,519
  • Karma: 10 points
I'm for the new enforcing of the rules as well. It's about they crack down on the those that cheat and do things outside of the measures and means Howrse has in place.
❀ ƁʀiⱮѳɗɛ ❀
  • Posted messages: 30,340
  • Karma: 10 points
And don't hate on some one that's all for Howrse changing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
❀ ƁʀiⱮѳɗɛ ❀
  • Posted messages: 30,340
  • Karma: 10 points
yes, they are. Until they start bashing on people who are stating the opposite oppinion
horsebabe91
  • Posted messages: 11,519
  • Karma: 10 points
Retired breeder wrote:


I gave them a gift a day or two ago, but I believe it said I could give up to 3 per week and I have only given one so far, and the link to give a gift is totally gone! That's why it seemed weird.


I can totally understand why you would think it's weird, so please rest assured they haven't removed the option I promise! It may sort itself out after the daily update tomorrow default smiley ;)
diabolo121
  • Posted messages: 19,280
  • Karma: 10 points
You do have 3 per week, but, you can only use one of those 3 per three different friends. You can't use all for one single friend each week.
❀ ƁʀiⱮѳɗɛ ❀
  • Posted messages: 30,340
  • Karma: 10 points
Opinions are perfectly fine as stated by admin, however as Zowey said

*From this point forward, if your posts are overtly hostile to me or other staff (mods included) your posts will be censored and you will be sanctioned. We welcome your feedback and even your criticism but insulting our ability to understand or do our jobs is crossing the line.*

I can understand every ones opinions/worries/disagreements and what point you are coming from. Admin & moderators are trying to explain as much as they can to everyone.

As stated by admin if you do not understand and wish to have them go into further detail for you please use the contact us and they will be more than happy to help & explain.
diabolo121
  • Posted messages: 19,280
  • Karma: 10 points
censurer This message has been censored since it does not follow the forum rules.
Im just waiting for all the top players to get wiped because even though they spend thousands on the game many of them script. I still dont see whats so wrong with script/macro farming when the programs are free to anyone and incredibly easy to use. I certainly understand restricting script blups since crazy advances can be made. If you want to lessen the amount of scripting so bad why not lower the number of horses needed to find AP to 200 a day instead of 1000?? I get like 150 AP if I am able to get 1000 cared for. People wouldnt really need to script if they could get their AP easier. Heck you might even raise the value of the pass if people only had to take care of 200 horses per day because they wouldnt be producing so many pass horses! It could really work in the games favor. As for divines like shenma and hirmfaxi??? Leave them the same... i suppose 50% of 150 is 75... Fine make use AP farm 250-300 per day still FAR better than 1000. It was certainly a wise decision to limit the number of horses you recieved AP from to lessen scripting but 1000 horses still takes several hours, even with the aide of link clump and a lot of players have school/health issues that limit the amount of time they can be clicking away at a computer. At this point they arent scripting because they dont want to buy passes they are scipting so they have time to do things like buy golden apples or blup with MA... things that require them to buy passes.
I hate the thought of quitting the game and I havestuck withit for over 10 years but its getting frustrating to say the least. There were plenty of mistakes that were tolerable but I think the sudden crackdown on scripting for ap farming and outside trades is really killing all of us
On trades, I think we should be allowed to pay ap farmers and do outside trades (like horse trades or bmi for extra e or passes) BUT howrse should make it clear that it is at the players risk as in howrse will just laugh at you if a trade goes wrong but you wont be sanctioned for doing an outside trade (maybe being rude to someone when a deal goes bad but not for doing a trade)

Howrse has had awesome ideas, objectives, trophies, teams, donkeys, unicorns, draft horses etc but the "big hitters" of the cleaning are just things I disagree with like the trades and script farming... I will say that I am not a fan of people doing it at light speed or setting it up and playing on another device while it works, maybe howrse should pick its battles and go with its rules similar to what has been presented with link clump. Reasonable, human capable speed or slower (idk say we must have at least 2 seconds in between actions or something), (we still have to be there to make sure it doesnt kill our horses but we also wont end up with carpal tunnel). heck even if its blupping at like 30 min a blup on ascript Im not sure I care, more competition means people need more resources which means they need more passes right!
Heck throw in pop up ads and raise peg accounts to 5passes a month so people have to get at least a peg account ????? idk Im trying here

I really did try to be constructive here and voice my opinions while giving possible solutions that I think would make players happy and make the game continue to be profitable because I appreciate a game that allows me so many activities for free.
littletoo
  • Posted messages: 1,609
  • Karma: 10 points
❀ ƁʀiⱮѳɗɛ ❀ wrote:

You do have 3 per week, but, you can only use one of those 3 per three different friends. You can't use all for one single friend each week.


There's the answer! default smiley :)
diabolo121
  • Posted messages: 19,280
  • Karma: 10 points
LITTLETOO wrote:

Im just waiting for all the top players to get wiped because even though they spend thousands on the game


Unrelated but I find it odd that a lot of people believe top players spend thousands on this game. I don't spend anything (except my life, but does it really count, because I don't have one!) on this game.
queenappul
  • Posted messages: 4,488
  • Karma: 9 points
My posting for another player gets censored because it "against the rules" but yet NOWHERE does it say on the forum rules page that you can not. Another on the fly rule I guess.
ginniebusick
  • Posted messages: 321
  • Karma: 10 points
@Howrse Admins,

You are scaring people who don't know very much about howrse rules, especially new players who are your new player base. Furthermore, the points that you make in this article are very general and don't cover niche intricacies of potentially illegal gameplay. It's confusing, and causing more of an upset that you probably intended.

Also... I am slightly concerned about interaction with Howrse friends now. Does this mean that if I want to give friends BMIs, horses, or even manure that I am risking our account's survival, because if so, I am severely let down by this.

Your rules are also discouraging your older players by removing player influence from the playing field. We players know you put out surveys, but have they ever actually amounted to much? Not much. I suppose if I had it my way Howrse would unbury the old "Ideas Forum" where players could offer suggestions to help the game be more player involved.

Finally, we need to discuss the economy. I am reasonable. I understand that you need to gain money off of this game. However, I feel like your attempt to stifle free trade is removing your players, not fixing your issue.

Your game is less about having fun , and more about earning cash from isolating player interaction. It's sad to watch.
wildwild
  • Posted messages: 590
  • Karma: 10 points
@Appuk, you sound like me. We have lives, they are just incredibly boring default smiley xd


I do understand where Admin are coming from, as they may have lost some touch with their players, they certainly wouldn't want the game to fall apart due to (there is a word that belongs here but I have lost it)... But as players, while change may be hard, that is not the reason many are upset. We are worried about losing what we have worked for due to misunderstandings, and feel that our concerns are being swept under the rug, so to speak.
dclove
  • Posted messages: 1,078
  • Karma: 10 points
Retired breeder wrote:

Guys I don’t agree with everything going on, but admin does run the game and and human as well. We need to be more respectful to them. As I said I don’t agree with everything in both parties, but if they let people like this stay on then Howrse will be even worse off with a whole bunch of lying and cheating players.



people like what? i agree cheaters should not be on a game. but what a majority of players here are concerned about is this

1) getting banned because you are NOT multi accounting but because you have family or friends in the same house on the same device.

A) since I have been playing on this game i have had several friends banned from this game for multi accounting when in fact they were NOT multi accounting. ubisoft will lie and say that i am not aware of everything that was going on, but let me be clear here. one person i met on here and then in real life. i saw the messages she got from the howrse team and the ones she sent. i know the other account was her son who has autism. i contacted the howrse team on her behalf and they laughed at me and said they had this amazing software that can detect multi accounters and i had no idea what i was talking about and to butt out.


now i have seen with my own eyes people that have BLANTANT multi accounts. they don't even try to cover it up and they are still here. i reported a few and wow howrse told me some song and dance about why they were allowed to still be here and yet honest players were booted. please explain that one.

I asked a question a few hours ago and surprise surprise it has not been answered.

QUESTION

if i and a family member have the same ip and sometimes have to use the same device. how long after one uses the device will we have to wait until it is SAFE for the other one to access their account.

because apparently their super amazing multi account software sniffer can not tell the difference.



oh and that part about respect, well respect has to be earned. howrse and owlient had my respect. then ubisoft came and treated me and other players with so little respect. what do you expect?
wicked witch
  • Posted messages: 246
  • Karma: 10 points
Cailow wrote:

So, we have decided to do a global recap for all the versions to set things straight and make sure that the rules are consistent across all the versions of Howrse.


I have asked this question five times in this topic and have yet to receive a response, but its hilarious that now its starting to be discussed.

How are you going to maintain consistency across ALL versions of howrse when there is an issue regarding the forums. The rules regarding the forum are written verbatim are the same for every single server. Even the thread topics are the same for all servers.

Yet there is a discrepancy regarding this consistency because on a couple of the servers in under this topic several mods have stated,

"This is our server and that is their server."

"Rules and regulations are the exact same on all servers. Moderators have the exact same guideline to follow regardless of the server and the same admins on our server admin other servers and follow their same guidelines there."

Now I normally wouldn't have a problem here, but the only thing consistent here is the rules and topic rules are the same and that is about it. Depending on the server and depending on the topic players get unjustly banned from the forum, while another server allows players to openly discuss things on the topic. *coughs*spoiler zone topic*coughs*

Players that play here, do play on other servers and this is where the rules or conduct really do get muddled.

So why isn't the rules of conduct the same. I do have a copy and paste quote saying the rules and regulations are the same for all servers and mods and admins have the same rules and stuff to follow, but why do some servers hand out very severe punishments and others do not?

2.) There have been issues past and present that telling another to please shut it is rude. I know its not okay, but here is the problem. A warning is quickly given in the forum, but yet no one bats an eye when players proceed to tell other players in the forum especially under a SURVEY topic to:

"Be grateful and quit your bellyaching."

"Stop being spoiled and whining and be grateful."


Now I did ask in the forum about those comments and the warning that was given and a moderator did respond to me in the forum, but completely ignored my question and only REITERATED about telling others to shut up is rude.

What about these comments as well?

"Grow up"
"Just complaining, attacking and frankly acting entitled."

Aren't these comments I provided as example clear examples of provocation, aggressive behavior, bullying and taking the place of the team?

Apparently not, these comments are allowed to get away in the forum, but if someone says please shut they get warned even though they get tired of other players calling them spoiled and greedy and for simply not default smiley (k) in the survey topics and saying that a promotion may be pass heavy, these comments are allowed. I'm sorry if anyone is offended for me saying that in my honest opinion is allowed because I did report those comments years ago and did anything get done about them? No because if something did get about it, players wouldn't continue to make those same comments again and again even today.

A moderator did say on another forum regarding reporting:

" "One small note to make. . . I hear as a mod a whole lot of complaints of harassment and then complaining that those same people harassing continue harassing others. I get people pming me upset over other people's behavior. Even when I ask them to report it about 75% of the time we never handle a report about an incident, because for some reason people just decide not to report those who are rude, harassing them, or just generally breaking rules that everybody knows. When players choose not to report harassment it cripples our ability to do anything. You want to say there are players with histories of rude commentary and harassing pms? We can't prove that to do anything about it if you don't report it.""


But here is the thing, I did make reports about them years ago and just eventually got tired of reporting the comments and coming back to find they were not censored and there was no warning. Again not trying to be rude, but it does feel like these comments are allowed because they come across as defending the game when a survey topic should be open to people to post their honest opinion for a survey topic.


Sorry if my question is long, I'm just wondering how this be consist across all servers as stated in the master post on this topic going forward?default smiley (8)
celtic_princess
  • Posted messages: 2,810
  • Karma: 10 points
Horsebabe91 wrote:

I'll be honest, a lot of my messages weren't super respectful. But the ones that got warnings on were just opinion and defending my opinion while being attacked by another player. Found that interesting. The other player was pro howrse changes



noticed this for quite a while
wicked witch
  • Posted messages: 246
  • Karma: 10 points
celtic_princess wrote:


What about these comments as well?

"Grow up"
"Just complaining, attacking and frankly acting entitled."


I have noticed this too. Does not look particularly good when one viewpoint is silenced and sanctioned, while another is seemingly celebrated. I saw those comments last night and I was frankly quite shocked at the malice behind them.
queenappul
  • Posted messages: 4,488
  • Karma: 9 points
LITTLETOO wrote:

Im just waiting for all the top players to get wiped because even though they spend thousands on the game many of them script. I still dont see whats so wrong with script/macro farming when the programs are free to anyone and incredibly easy to use. I certainly understand restricting script blups since crazy advances can be made. If you want to lessen the amount of scripting so bad why not lower the number of horses needed to find AP to 200 a day instead of 1000?? I get like 150 AP if I am able to get 1000 cared for. People wouldnt really need to script if they could get their AP easier. Heck you might even raise the value of the pass if people only had to take care of 200 horses per day because they wouldnt be producing so many pass horses! It could really work in the games favor. As for divines like shenma and hirmfaxi??? Leave them the same... i suppose 50% of 150 is 75... Fine make use AP farm 250-300 per day still FAR better than 1000. It was certainly a wise decision to limit the number of horses you recieved AP from to lessen scripting but 1000 horses still takes several hours, even with the aide of link clump and a lot of players have school/health issues that limit the amount of time they can be clicking away at a computer. At this point they arent scripting because they dont want to buy passes they are scipting so they have time to do things like buy golden apples or blup with MA... things that require them to buy passes.
I hate the thought of quitting the game and I havestuck withit for over 10 years but its getting frustrating to say the least. There were plenty of mistakes that were tolerable but I think the sudden crackdown on scripting for ap farming and outside trades is really killing all of us
On trades, I think we should be allowed to pay ap farmers and do outside trades (like horse trades or bmi for extra e or passes) BUT howrse should make it clear that it is at the players risk as in howrse will just laugh at you if a trade goes wrong but you wont be sanctioned for doing an outside trade (maybe being rude to someone when a deal goes bad but not for doing a trade)

Howrse has had awesome ideas, objectives, trophies, teams, donkeys, unicorns, draft horses etc but the "big hitters" of the cleaning are just things I disagree with like the trades and script farming... I will say that I am not a fan of people doing it at light speed or setting it up and playing on another device while it works, maybe howrse should pick its battles and go with its rules similar to what has been presented with link clump. Reasonable, human capable speed or slower (idk say we must have at least 2 seconds in between actions or something), (we still have to be there to make sure it doesnt kill our horses but we also wont end up with carpal tunnel). heck even if its blupping at like 30 min a blup on ascript Im not sure I care, more competition means people need more resources which means they need more passes right!
Heck throw in pop up ads and raise peg accounts to 5passes a month so people have to get at least a peg account ????? idk Im trying here

I really did try to be constructive here and voice my opinions while giving possible solutions that I think would make players happy and make the game continue to be profitable because I appreciate a game that allows me so many activities for free.


Lowering the limit of horses to 500 even would help with the scripting. I struggle to care for 200 horses in a day and sometimes if life is busy I may only get 50-60 horses done. You made a good point.
rosethorns
  • Posted messages: 324
  • Karma: 10 points
Appuk wrote:

^and the line I mean is about the linclump. It’s extremely confusing since for some people, 20 tabs is too much and for others 100 is fine.


While we each realize that everyone would like a finite numerical representation as to the limit/line/within reason aspect, there really isn't any definitive answer that we can supply you with for the very reason you mentioned. All devices and net hookups are different.

Moreover, giving out any type of numeration involved would be defeating our purpose in becoming stricter towards rules breakers.

We have mentioned that it's okay for you (the players) to open a handful of tabs at one time.
It's just we're more concerned with how are these bunch of tabs being managed once they are opened? Are they being worked one click at a time for each action on the tab or is there something that is causing these actions to go more quickly than an average human being can click?

If you're using Link Clump, CRTL+TAB, or something similar for a reasonable amount of tabs,
then you should be fine.

Hope this helps,
Cailow

@Cailow

Thank you.
This answered my question about opening tabs. I will often open 15-20 tabs at a time to congratulate people. When caring for horses I will open about 20 tabs at a time to combat my "acer NETBOOK"s slower load time. I give it about 10 seconds to load all the pages and then will care for each horse, one at a time, before closing that tab and moving to the next. For example, it takes 10 minuets to care for 5 horses when I click the arrow button but by opening tabs I can care for 15 horses in that 10 minuets.
rosethorns
  • Posted messages: 324
  • Karma: 10 points
Go to page: