Important: Springtime Rules Recap



Spring Cleaning time!





Hello Everyone,

We noticed that on several versions, some forms of cheating have been tolerated. Though sometimes historically, other times due to information errors, or simply because it’s easier to let things pass than to tackle a difficult situation.

However, in the long run, everyone is penalized by this situation. It's unfair, unpractical and no one really knows where the boundaries are.

So, we have decided to do a global recap for all the versions to set things straight and make sure that the rules are consistent across all the versions of Howrse.

We are also planning to do a general cleanup on all the versions, thus it's an occasion to give everyone fair warning about what isn’t allowed before we start that as shown via the list below.


Click to display
Selling passes to another player

Buying passes from another player

Farming passes via numerous accounts (A.k.a. multiple-accounting). Using the free pass features to collect passes on through extra accounts to transfer them to your main later. (I.E. the passes from sending dead horses to Heaven)

Paying another player with passes or game items to play/do chores in your stead

Bulk sales of old horses against passes (For example: Selling 10 horses for a single pass or any other similar aspect). The allowances planned in the game are calculated to preserve game balance, they are not transferable to another player.

Having more than one account on the same version


Having a common pivot account for teams, its multiple-accounting.

A fake account is used to store and transfer good, currencies and horses among members within a team bypassing game re-sale rules.

Connecting to another player's account outside of the co-management feature

Using a script on your account, regardless of who activated said script.

Yes, you are responsible for choosing co-managers you can trust and who share your ethics

Selling an account to another player either for game currency or actual currency

Selling Black market items

There’s a limit as the number of exchanges and gifts you can do, and it’s for a very excellent reason. This includes selling them for passes or real currencies, both transactions are forbidden.


As for tabbing, add-ons and gaming mouses (link clump, etc...), they are not forbidden per se, but should you ever decide to use these methods, do be careful and stay within reason. If your account seems to be overdoing it and we consider that you are taking an unfair advantage over your peers, due to an automation, it will be equal to scripting.

Therefore, starting the 10th of April, 2018, we will proceed with a spring cleaning on all the versions.

Best Regards,

The Howrse Team
 
cailow
  • Posted messages: 2,287
  • Karma: 10 points
Go to page:
I'm happy about the spring cleaning ... I would speak up about that on my server where I play but as usually I got karma lowered because guess someone there is mad over the report we made to the howrse and ubisoft ... So I will have to write down my opinion here on international sever in a bit long way so I will say sorry in advance for the book I wrote about that topic default smiley (a)... Anyway I'm playing howrse for few years now and I have noticed that there is a lot of cheating on the game ... Specialy my server where script using and other similar cheats can be found... In my opinion cheating is bad and to me is kinda like example of laziness ... You cheat to be on top of the lederborad instead of working hard and climb alone to the top of the rank ... And because I'm a hard working player who also buy passes to sustain my vip acc I see that as wrong ... I think howrse should tighten up rules about multi accounts and cheats like scripts ... I think there should be more severe punishment for those who did that ... Howrse should not just take karma from those players because they can simply wait to regain karma and they get account back ... I think that with cheats like scripts they can obtain over 20 fully bluped horses in one day and that is a giant advantage over the players who respect the rules ... And I think howrse should immediately delate their accounts and also block their ip adress to prevent them from coming back... I have seen a case of player on my server who was in past punished for using scripts and that player lost acc but she took over account from other player renamed it and then she was picked as moderator on our server ... Everyone knows who that player is... (that player was punished for same thing even here on int. server in past) and we even speaked up about that matter to those in charge on our sever but they said that account she have now done nothing wrong and they can't punish her ... To me that is not acceptable ... Because I play by the rules and someone who used to cheat with scripts get reward and become moderator or admin and have chance to eliminate anyone who could be their competition... So howrse should block ips of such cheaters ... And under no circumstances such player should be on any leading position on any server.another issues that I noticed about spring cleaning is that players understand rules in own way ...so I think howrse should write down rules in more detailed way....otherwise players will assume what rule means and cheaters again will find hike in the rule itself so that they can cheat again ... Also I think howrse should make some update in a system of how multis are being seekded out ... Because some households have several people who like to play games together and they sometimes play on same computers... So I think howrse should have on each server a person who can look the case of each multi report and investigate it ... As I saw till now manly players who did nothing wrong (for example : two kids in same house play howrse on same computer and they get marked out as multi) ... If someone would look over the behavior on accounts can notice that each player as individual have own playing habit and the way they play game ... The writing style of each individual, game style,...and that is how you can tell who have multi or not ... On the other hand because those who cheat are smart such a detail was over looked because they use besides howrse cheat also other cheats with ip address and so on ... And those who cheat for real and do have multies remained unpunished ... That is why I think howrse need a big changes in a sance of detecting cheaters...

Another problem that I see on howrse is also safety of the teams ... There is 0 rules about teams and about what can teams do if some new member comes in team with the attention of stealing horses with top gp ... There is no rule about that and how can teams protect themselves without losing all their work ... I think howrse need some rule or option that allows selling team horses just to the admin of team ... So that cheater can be stopped before too much damage can be done because he sold out team horse

Other then that I think howrse is great game ... I love playing it because I can't have horse at home and virtual monsters that I train are my substitute for that ... I just hope that this time the right ones will be punished and removed from the game because is unfair that I pay for something what they have for free and they remain playing like nothing happened while I have to leave each day on page of howrse sweat, time and blood to gain what I have just because I respect rules and I work hard for what I have... I think that we all can agree about that ... but I know many who do cheat do not see how wrong and unfair that is why I hope that howrse will stop them
nyx ulric
  • Posted messages: 28
  • Karma: 10 points
The fact that Howrse is calling it "Spring Cleaning" like its a fun little game is so ridiculous in itself. Youre banning people who have spent SO MUCH money on this game. How do you THINK we feel? So of course we're upset. Your promos have become harder and harder to get the grand prize without spending passes. You are limiting everything we can do! The latest laugh is that teams werent intended for competitive purposes? Whats the point of raising GP then?

Anyone who has access to Howrse has access to things like link clump and imacros so its not like anyone who actually uses it has an "advantage." I would understand using imacos would be an advantage if you actually GAVE us 1 AP per horse up to 1000 but you dont! I have gone DAYS farming 1000 horses and only get less than 200 AP a day! Its insane the amount of work it is to build up AP only to turn around and spend 80-100 on a SINGLE horse! Thats already half of what I find in a day!

Despite what you guys say- you DONT listen to us. Innocent players DO get banned. Youre doing more damage rather than just letting people use programs like imacros. Ive been playing since before 2009 and its only gotten harder and restrictive.

A player said previously- it literally doesnt cost you to make passes. Except of course paying your employees but really- i think this is the beginning of the end..

I wouldnt be surprised howrse went through the comments and banned everyone whose against this default smiley (lol)


*sips tea waiting to get banned due to this* *passbuyer* *spent over $1000 buying passes through howrse*
camicoda
  • Posted messages: 318
  • Karma: 10 points
@ Iron vixen

I would be that generous honestly IF I was the one who was leave, and It would be to people I adore , I have found quite a few people on here that have made a impact on my life and I will do anything I can for them and vice versa, that's what being on a team means you make these friends that are amazing and you can't help but want to gift them these things if you are going to be leaving,
IF I was I would give my pretty coats, my sellable divines and other horses that maybe useful in somewhat IE fillers, or AP stock. I have spent so much time accumulating if it helped them further their game and I wasn't going to be here any more why no

AND I am not saying anything aside from if in the end I decided to leave , then people will be gifted these horses and I have quite a few to give not saying I'm leaving or anything like that.

Another thing people would be surprised how many players are kind and will help if they can. The "bad" apples are always highlighted but the genuine players that have big hearts don't get recognition for this, me and my fellow team mates we help one another... wasn't that the goal of teams to grow friendships,help one another (and yes I do ramble) but anyway in the end there are some players that WOULD gift that many horses at a time to someone that could use them if they aren't going to.
meblaze
  • Posted messages: 3,230
  • Karma: 10 points
adding onto my previous message i forgot to mention this- howrse, i would think you would WANT players to be so dedicated to this game that they ARE trying so hard to extend their play time. It shows players being on daily which is bad how.....????

More AP = More play time = More money in howrse's pockets!
camicoda
  • Posted messages: 318
  • Karma: 10 points
CamiCoda wrote:

More AP = More play time = More money in howrse's pockets!


Spot on - Couldn't put it any plainer Cami default smiley (l)
cheetah123
  • Posted messages: 589
  • Karma: 10 points
I remember from my last account, members who even stated *on their presentation* that "this is my main account, add me on _____ and _______" and were around for a very very long time, but players who had siblings on the game that ended up being booted off without warning. One spring cleaning that is *truly* needed is tweaking of the methods of finding players who cheat.

Okay, so one of the things that seems to trigger the Howrse alarm is two profiles that are played in similar ways. Have you ever thought that siblings may have a lot in common and therefor are likely to play the same? Communication and trading between two accounts with the same IP. Okay....I am not all that friendly with my own sister (most the time) but many siblings are, and actually enjoy helping each other.

So, you cannot talk to your siblings (spouse, etc) here. You must change your style of playing so you don't seem like the same person (good luck with that twins). And if a family has people on the game, but not enough funds in real life to own several computers, they have to wait hours before they are able to log in after one logs off? Again, good luck to any of those who wish to improve their game.

Howrse, I truly love this game, but I hate to see players I admire and respect being chased off for fear of suddenly losing all of their hard work due to generosity.

Mods, I have deep cleaned my house, the dirty work rolls down hill. I hope you don't end up being overworked when you already do so much for us players. Hats off to ya.
dclove
  • Posted messages: 1,078
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 22nd March 2018 22:44:50
2
Admins,
Funny how I said I was closing my account soon and therefore gifting some items to my significant other (with whom I live, so we share an IP address). Now I've noticed I cannot gift them things since I made that post? default smiley (8) There is no link. But when I go to my other friend's pages, the link to gift is there. HMMM. I will have to distribute gifts among all my friends then I guess, but I didn't think it was a crime to gift someone you know IRL more than others. *eyeroll*
Retired breeder wrote:

Admins,
Funny how I said I was closing my account soon and therefore gifting some items to my significant other (with whom I live, so we share an IP address). Now I've noticed I cannot gift them things since I made that post? default smiley (8) There is no link. But when I go to my other friend's pages, the link to gift is there. HMMM. I will have to distribute gifts among all my friends then I guess, but I didn't think it was a crime to gift someone you know IRL more than others. *eyeroll*


You should be having no problem gifting your assets to family member/parters ho use the same IP address. Admin have not removed the option to do that for anyone!

If you recently given them a gift that may be why. If not please go to contact us and they can look into the issue for you. If you are able to please send a screenshot where the link isn't showing on the page.
diabolo121
  • Posted messages: 19,281
  • Karma: 10 points
By Retired breeder, 22nd March 2018 23:00:55
1
Are we gonna lose our progress and horses? I've worked hard on training them.default smiley :(
By Retired breeder, 22nd March 2018 23:01:05
diabolo121 wrote:

You should be having no problem gifting your assets to family member/parters ho use the same IP address. Admin have not removed the option to do that for anyone!

If you recently given them a gift that may be why. If not please go to contact us and they can look into the issue for you. If you are able to please send a screenshot where the link isn't showing on the page.


I gave them a gift a day or two ago, but I believe it said I could give up to 3 per week and I have only given one so far, and the link to give a gift is totally gone! That's why it seemed weird.
Meblaze wrote:

@ Iron vixen

I would be that generous honestly IF I was the one who was leave, and It would be to people I adore , I have found quite a few people on here that have made a impact on my life and I will do anything I can for them and vice versa, that's what being on a team means you make these friends that are amazing and you can't help but want to gift them these things if you are going to be leaving,
IF I was I would give my pretty coats, my sellable divines and other horses that maybe useful in somewhat IE fillers, or AP stock. I have spent so much time accumulating if it helped them further their game and I wasn't going to be here any more why no

AND I am not saying anything aside from if in the end I decided to leave , then people will be gifted these horses and I have quite a few to give not saying I'm leaving or anything like that.

Another thing people would be surprised how many players are kind and will help if they can. The "bad" apples are always highlighted but the genuine players that have big hearts don't get recognition for this, me and my fellow team mates we help one another... wasn't that the goal of teams to grow friendships,help one another (and yes I do ramble) but anyway in the end there are some players that WOULD gift that many horses at a time to someone that could use them if they aren't going to.


I asked about this in the main topic because I gifted a friend a few hundred horses and was told by admin that it may well flag up because of what I mentioned earlier (aka who is that generous) trust me, I'm not thrilled about it. I like being nice without my actions being questioned on the fact. But apparently it can show up as some kind of flag? Go figure on that one :/
I'm now terrified that by being generous, a couple of friends of mine could be penalised for no good reason other than my generosity default smiley (o)
ironvixen
  • Posted messages: 6,233
  • Karma: 10 points
Retired breeder wrote:

I gave them a gift a day or two ago, but I believe it said I could give up to 3 per week and I have only given one so far, and the link to give a gift is totally gone! That's why it seemed weird.

Copied from breeders manual...

You can give your friends 3 items from the shop (apples, saddles...) a week. To use this feature, you and your friends must have more than 10 days' seniority.

You may only give away one item to the same friend per week.

Visit your friends' pages to gift items from the shop!
❀ ƁʀiⱮѳɗɛ ❀
  • Posted messages: 30,340
  • Karma: 10 points
My sister and I both have accounts on the same server.. we're actually twins. Since we obviously have the same birthday and trade items quite often and also sell horses to each other, does this mean one of us will be mistaken for an extra account and have one of them destroyed?? I'm very worried that this will happen.
wannabeyourstar
  • Posted messages: 1
  • Karma: 10 points
@Iron

yea same here I am worried , I do help friends with coats when they need them and I have extra's so I sell to them for a very very low price...now like you said are we going to be flagged because I gave _insert name_ a pally coat or another coat they needed or give the same person a pretty nice teared foal just cause I felt like it ...Its a bit of a confusion on what is the gifting horses parameters and what is allowed what is not its a a bit of a area that if you even tread into it seems could cause trouble for both parties even if you are innocently just giving a gift default smiley :( so its basically a plain of mass confusion as to what is what still and what isn't allowed in this area

its basically from what I have read
"you can give them horses but you need to be careful or within reason" , somewhere else it seems its no you can't because it can raise flags, a clear defined thing would be nice default smiley :)

I like to keep a low profile here I stick to my friends or teams and just do my thing but it seems that , just doing that can probably some how raise a flag by just being kind and giving things to people work with one these teams (things being coats)or occational bmi for team blups now ..its like...do I still help or do I be a stingy person and become a hermit and say...bai to my teams because some how helping you may throw me under the bus ... default smiley :'(
meblaze
  • Posted messages: 3,230
  • Karma: 10 points
Im still hung up about using link clump? is it bad or what no one asnwered my last 3 posts???
ladymaybell
  • Posted messages: 641
  • Karma: 10 points
wow my tablet put sooo many typos

*people I work with on these teams
meblaze
  • Posted messages: 3,230
  • Karma: 10 points
ladymaybell wrote:

Im still hung up about using link clump? is it bad or what no one asnwered my last 3 posts???


from what I have read you can use it long as you don't run scripts on the open tabs , or long as you use the tabs in moderation? is still not too sure but that was the consensus answer on that.
meblaze
  • Posted messages: 3,230
  • Karma: 10 points
@Meblaze, like im a big collecter of certain breed coats and i seen someone posting about this as well, If i had a large amount of horses split up into certain breeding farms and used it on those amounts (no larger then 50 per tab, also my internet is crap-tastic and takes forever to just load on page xc) will it stand as cheating? like im so confused i can't understand it at all
ladymaybell
  • Posted messages: 641
  • Karma: 10 points
Nyx Ulric wrote:


Another problem that I see on howrse is also safety of the teams ... There is 0 rules about teams and about what can teams do if some new member comes in team with the attention of stealing horses with top gp ... There is no rule about that and how can teams protect themselves without losing all their work ... I think howrse need some rule or option that allows selling team horses just to the admin of team ... So that cheater can be stopped before too much damage can be done because he sold out team horse

Preach it!
ccee633
  • Posted messages: 3,139
  • Karma: 10 points
ladymaybell wrote:

@Meblaze, like im a big collecter of certain breed coats and i seen someone posting about this as well, If i had a large amount of horses split up into certain breeding farms and used it on those amounts (no larger then 50 per tab, also my internet is crap-tastic and takes forever to just load on page xc) will it stand as cheating? like im so confused i can't understand it at all


there is no clear number how many tabs is considered to be the MAX amount to be considered " cheating" , but there is basic info No scripts , no automation if you have a gaming mouse and linknlump can be used but the "magic" number as to how many is considered to put you in the RED isn't given but I would think its a insanely huge number , sssoooo I think 50 should be safe but not going to guarantee that cause ,I again would hate to give wrong info and someone get in trouble over what I said...I would feel really really bad if that happened
meblaze
  • Posted messages: 3,230
  • Karma: 10 points
Its ok, i hardly have the time right now to even log on, i seen a person who posted somewhere that fifty horses was safe as long as it WAS you that cared for them no co-own stuffs but thank you dearly!! <3
ladymaybell
  • Posted messages: 641
  • Karma: 10 points
ladymaybell wrote:

Im still hung up about using link clump? is it bad or what no one asnwered my last 3 posts???

I heard it's fine as long as you do the horse actions manually.
ccee633
  • Posted messages: 3,139
  • Karma: 10 points
i have a question

i joined this game years ago because my daughter asked me to.

i resisted for many years but finally joined.

anyway we are in the same house and use the same ip address.

now (and i reallly loathe having to say any of this as i am an intensely private person)

we have two laptops. she is on hers and i am on mine. sometimes one laptop is out of commission either because of updates or one is being worked on for various reasons.

so my question is this. one of us does our accounts (i mean on different servers) and when one of us is done the other logs into their account. but howrse is saying don't log on after someone else in your house logs out.

exactly how long do we have to wait before it is safe for another to log in using the same device?

apparently your sophisticated software can not tell who is multi accounting and who have several people using the same ip and same device.

i also have a question regarding a comment an admin made stating

"we can tell if you are siblings"

so you say you can tell if we are siblings but you can not tell if there are more then 1 family member on the same device in the same house?

i would love a response to this totally valid question.
wicked witch
  • Posted messages: 246
  • Karma: 10 points
Can someone explain to me what exactly is going to happen with the spring cleaning? Are they getting rid of horses, accounts, going to start enforcing more rules? If someone has an answer, please message my account, I probably will have a hard time finding your answer on here. Thank you! default smiley :d
romanticdaydream
  • Posted messages: 107
  • Karma: 10 points
Just saying that the whole trading things (that you shouldn't trade with them) with siblings is ridiculous. As someone said on the previous page, the reason why your both playing is often to have fun together but yet, your not at all allowed to interact? How is this fair?


Ive made deals with my sister where I will sell her a horse for my chosen price ( since the game is determined by supply and demand) and she buys it. We both get what we want. But not we cant do such deals for fear of being banned? Kinda silly by taking away our fun.
awdancingqueen
  • Posted messages: 1,093
  • Karma: 10 points
Go to page: