Version dated: January 2010
At Owlient (“Owlient” or “we” or “us” or “our"), we respect your privacy rights and are committed to protecting the information we collect from you online.
1. Collection of Personal Information
When you connect to our websites, we ask you to provide us with personal information about you for the purpose of registering with one of our games and for purchasing our products and services online.
By personal information, we mean any information that would enable to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address or birth date.
Please be aware that we will only collect personal information that is strictly necessary for the purposes we pursue.
When you fill-in our registration form in order to participate in one or several of the games proposed by Owlient, we will only ask for your e-mail address and birth date.
Owlient will never has access or use in any manner your payment information, credit card and telephone number as the case may be, which will be used only by our payment providers as set forth in Section 2 below.
Besides this personal information, we will ask you non personal information about your gender, country or else in order to better adapt our offer to your needs.
2. Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- - To allow you to participate in the games we propose on our websites, as well as chat rooms and forums;
- - To process the transactions completed on our websites and send notices about transactions;
- - To send you our newsletters, provided that you opted-in to receive such newsletter;
- - To communicate with you: respond to your requests, contact you about your account(s) with us etc.
We will keep your information as long as your account with us remains effective.
We undertake to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. Accordingly, we will not disclose, sell or otherwise transfer your personal information to any third party, except in the following limited circumstances:
- - When we have your prior consent;
- - When we are required to disclose your personal information by law, regulation or court order, for instance where it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities.
Your payment information will be accessible and used by the payment providers only, for the sole purpose of processing the transaction, in accordance with their own confidentiality and security procedures, as disclosed to you at the time you complete the transaction. Such payment providers shall not use this information for their own needs nor disclose it to any third party.
We will take all appropriate measures to preserve the security of your personal information, and, in particular, prevent their alteration and damage, or access by unauthorized third parties. Only those of our employees who have a need to know for the purpose of performing their work will be entitled to process your personal information.
However, despite the security measures we implement, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will never be accessed and/or used by unauthorized third parties.
3. Rights to Access, Rectify and Delete
You have the right to obtain information with respect to your personal information, such as:
- - confirmation as to whether your personal information is processed by us,
- - information relating to the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information we process and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom you data may be disclosed;
- - information as to whether your personal information is transferred outside the European Union;
- - communication of your personal information.
Provided that your request is not excessive, we will provide you with the requested information.
You may also rectify, complete, update, block or delete your personal information if they are inaccurate, incomplete, equivocal, expired, or if their collection, usage, disclosure or storage is prohibited.
If you do not want to receive any information on our services such as our newsletter, you can opt-out at the time your register with us, and thereafter at any time.
In order to exercise these rights, you may write to the following addresses:
- - By form: http://www.howrse.com/support
- - By mail: Owlient, 26-28, rue de Chambéry – 75015 Paris (France)
Cookies are small files that Internet sites place on your computer's hard drive when you connect to our websites.
These files are harmless and do not contain any personal information regarding subscribers. Most cookies used by Owlient are session cookies, which are only active during the connection. Permanent cookies are only saved onto your computer hard drive in order to identify you when you connect, in particular in order to enable you to exercise the rights and advantages acquired. Cookies are occasionally used to show advertising banners, and to obtain statistics on the number of visitors to the website and the most popular sections, in particular in order to improve the Game by adapting it to its subscribers.
You may oppose to the installation of "cookies" by modifying your browser settings. However, you are informed that blocking cookies through the browser's settings or firewall will prevent our games from functioning normally.
In addition, where Owlient inserts third parties advertising on its websites, you are aware that those third parties may place a cookie. You have the possibility to de-install these cookies on a page of the third party' website accessible at the address: http://www.exponential.com/who-we-are/privacy-policy.jsp
5. Specific Rules regarding minors' privacy
We encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children's online activities. If you are under the age of 18, you are informed that you need the consent of your parents in order to provide us with your personal information.
We will always request your age prior to processing any purchase on our websites. If you are under the age of 18, we will request an authorization from your parents and you will not be able to complete any transaction unless we have this authorization.
Users of our websites located in the United States are informed that we strictly adhere to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from any child under the age of 13 in any manner that violates this law.
6. International users